Wednesday 29 February 2012

Back to enjoying it

Well, this is all getting very serious now. I am back to enjoying the running after my Bronchitis and frankly, the weather has been great for jogging along the thames. I even got to see the olympic rings as they floated along the thames yesterday. I am sure, a cost well spent. I also ordered my entire kit list from Likeys. I wam going to be the absolute epitome of 'all the gear, no idea' as I jog through the atlas mountains. Contributions are still trickling in and there are still events planned to raise further funds on behalf of my chosen charity. I am even (although not hugely) looking foward to trying these dehydrated meals and seeing how they taste cold (I'm not carrying cooking gear around the course). I jsut have this horrible feeling that now I have all of this kit, I will have to put it to good use and do another of these events. Maybe not the same one again but something tougher (not sure what that is but we shall try and find something) I was also gratified to meet a lot of my fellow competitors last night in the pub (1 drink each before water lol) and find out that actually, I am one of the only people not carrying injuries and my distances are extremely comparable - thanks for organising Sally. Things are definitely looking up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment