Thursday 15 March 2012

Three weeks Today

So it is a mere three weeks until the event. I have never said the phrase 'three weeks to go' and have it create such bowel trembling anxiety. I now literally cannot get fit enough for the event. The good news is that for the first time, I am running with the actual pack I will be using for the race and frankly, Good Lord, it's heavy. My calves are now burning from 4 days of lunchtime running and that is only just over a third of the daly distance. the good news though is that it is not really exhausting me and I could definitely continue for a much greater distance and I have to reming myself that after each stage, I can literally collapse and sleep (something that work takes a distinct objection to normally). I am actually starting to get really excited about the entire event too and now am starting to think not so much in terms of the event itself but in how I will be able to remain fit afterwards with nothing to train for. I guess I will have to do another one (or maybe not, let's see how it goes)

No comments:

Post a Comment