Friday 24 February 2012

6 weeks left

So, just under 6 weeks to go until we fly out to Morocco and frankly, training is not going well. Having been struck down witha stinking cold last week, I am still fighting to get over the resultant Bronchitis that decided to attach itself to my lungs. Frankly, running at the moment feels like I have a pair of inefficient bellows strapped to my chest albeit, the sight of someone running along the thames repeatedly coughing their guts up as they go has given many of the London tourists plenty of amusement. I must look and sound like a terminal nicotine addict at the moment. However, positives. I am only a week away from a break skiing which will enable me to get some high altitude training (as, I intend to take my running kit with me and use it to the full) and then back to some really long distance runs. On a separate note, I decided to order my kit from Likeys (a company who I cannot recommend highly enough) and it came to a grand total of £500. Not an enormous amount in the grand scheme of things but certainly enough to sting. However, next time I climb snowdon I will be seriously kitted out and will make all those amateurs climbing it in trainers look very foolish indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment