Wednesday 28 March 2012

my heart is definitely in it

Well, with only a week to go until we depart to complete this exotic amble across the countryside, I have discovered a problem. I have to have an Echocardiogram with a cardiologist due to having an enlarged left ventricle. Now this could be down to a congenital heart issue รก la Muamba (which is the concern of the Doctors who are now paranoid) or it could be due to the fact that running 80 miles a week carrying 30 kilos of weight gives you a more muscular heart. I guess I will find out this afternoon.

that being said, thraining is going well. I've upped the weight, am still running and have bought the trainers I will actually be wearing and am running them in. It all seems to be coming together really.

There is only one additional concern now and that's nerves. I am starting to get very nervous and I can never be fit enough. It is dawning on me that no matter how fit you are, this will never be 'easy' (which frankly I consider to be a premier betrayal of my body).

It has become of prime concern to me that weight to mass ratio si of primary importance. How much food do you take? Food weighs and you need a certain amount but too much and you can't carry it all. it's a very delicate balance between gels, food and drink additives. Three packs of food for each day plus two gels per day and some drink tablets. heavy but bearable. Who knew there was complex strategy behind running?????

No comments:

Post a Comment